Monday, October 29, 2007

I have a question about the 2003 Veronique I received last week. I had a
bottle this weekend, very good, but I noticed some residue in the glass
when finishing the bottle. Is this normal for Veronique? I have not
noticed this in other bottles.

This is not a complaint, just a question.

Thanks for your great wines.

Ken, WA
...............................................
Hi Ken,

I do notice from time to time some residue on different bottles, on Château Véronique or others. It depends on various physical factors like the temperature (cold) reached during the winter or the time spent in the bottle but mostly the temperature after the wine has been bottled. If it goes down further than during its stay in the cellar, then a certain amount of components will precipitate and give this residue without consequences other than visual.

Sincerely

Dr Mic

No comments: