Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hi Michel,

About the wine (Cartagene), I would like to exchange it if possible for something different. I didn't realize that there was going to be stuff floating at the bottom of the bottle, and it doesn't even look like wine. I have never purchased dessert wine before. I don't want to open the bottle, I would rather do an exchange or a refund. Please let me know what can be done.

Thank you
Lisa
..........................................................
Hi Lisa,

This is due to the nature of this wine and the way it's produced. Cartagene is made from grapes soaked in alcohol for a year then pressed and decanted. Since there is no fermentation it is not a wine, as you observed. For this product there is no filtration nor added sulfites to keep it as natural as possible. This is intentionally home made style! Therefore there are light particles that can condense in the bottle and float around particularly after the bottle has traveled and been shaken.

Let it stand in the fridge for a while and everything will deposit at the bottom. The product will clarify in the bottle and in your glass. If still bothersome you can take care of it by putting it through a simple coffee filter. In any case this is purely natural, like you can get unfiltered apple juice for instance, and is not detrimental to the taste.
Cartagene is an absolute delight and you should give it a try. I am pretty sure you'll love it! If you don't, just give it away and I will gladly refund your purchase.

Dr Mic

No comments: